Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Thankfulness Jar

I was really inspired one day when I thought of the song ten thousand reasons and made it my life goal to come up with ten thousand reasons to why I am thankful to Jesus for my life. 
I took it upon myself to become a thankfulness junkie, to pursue a life of optimism. 

This is my thankfulness jar.
I got it for $5 at an antique shop on Main Street in downtown Vancouver. 



Whenever I am sitting at my desk, I pull out a strip of paper from the pile that I keep on my desk and write down something that I am thankful for from that day. Then, at the end of the year, I dump them all out and I take some time to read all of them and reflect on how blessed my year was. 



I've been doing this for two years and it's really been a wake up call for me to realize just how blessed I really am and how much God answers prayer and responds to my tithing. 

1 Timothy 6:6-9
"But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we were brought into this world with nothing and we will take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."




One of my number one goals in life is to be content with it! 
Imagine how thankful we would become if we just started sincerely being thankful for food and clothing!! It's so basic, but it can take us so far!! 

- Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment