Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Water Coloring

This year I decided to challenge myself and do more craft projects that seemed out of my reach. I decided to "do what fears me" in order to break some barriers of my creative side, to expand my horizons artistically. 
Painting is something that has always intimidated me, it's messy, there's huge room for error, if you make a mistake it's difficult to fix, etc. 
Therefore I have challenged myself to fill the hallway with painted pictures of French Bulldogs. So far I have made three pieces of art, it's not a lot, but it's three more pieces than I made last year and that means a lot to me. Every time I finish a painting, I frame it and put it on the wall, even if I'm not completely satisfied with it. As a perfectionist, this is extremely difficult, yet it is something I do because it is forcing me to be proud of myself even when I see flaws in almost everything I create. 

Here is some of my work: 













Here is one that my lovely friend, and crafting pal, Lizzy made for me: 




I hope this inspires all of you to try something you're not good at. You'll be greatly surprised by the results. 

Cheers to painting, 
Morgan. 










No comments:

Post a Comment